A large number of break and enter crimes are easily preventable.
When thinking about how you can make your home safer, consider the following safety tips:
- Do the locks on the doors and windows operate properly
- Do not leave spare or car keys readily available inside the house
- Keep all sheds locked
- Back up computer hard drives and keep copies in a different location
- Mark you property with an engraver to identify it as your own
- Keep a list of seriel numbers
- Take photo's of expensive items
- Keep an up to date inventory of all of your possessions
- Make sure you have adequate insurance to cover your much loved items
With a little time and effort you can minimise the impact on you and your family, should you become a victim of theft.